On the back of the success of the last photo competition and the beautiful resulting calendar (truly gorgeous photos); let’s do it again!
There are will be no competition categories this year but suggested themes the judges will be looking for are…
- activities that you see going on along the Forth: eg crane in at the club, shipping, oil rig maintenance, Grangemouth, fishing, tourism, etc;
- views from your boat on your travels anywhere you adventure this season;
wildlife on or around the Forth;
- pictures of your boat out and about; remember to let us know where you were when it was taken.
Don’t forget the competition entries can start straight away so we can get some winter scenes too.
I’m sure you will all have seen the fantastic pictures that came together to make the FCC 2019 Calendar – that should give you a steer on what we are looking for.
I’ll arrange a judging panel (they will not be permitted to enter a photo) to meet shortly after the closing date, and we’ll narrow the entries down to the best 12. Again, these will become our calendar and will also feature on the FCC website and Facebook page. The overall winner will be selected from these 12 and that photo will hold pride of place on the front cover of the calendar. Each of the featured photographers will win a copy of the calendar. Everybody else will be able to purchase the calendars – price TBC.
- email your photos (as many as you wish) to me – email@example.com – in the highest resolution you have. If you are having trouble sharing large files by email, pop them over to me using Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Photos, or any other sharing platform you prefer;
- be sure to include the title of your photo;
- please make sure your email subject line is FCC Photo Comp or something similar (makes my life a little easier);
- photos must be landscape orientation.
Closing date for entries will be Saturday 24th October 2020. The judging can then take place the following week, with the aim to get the calendars printed for the 1st week in November, giving you all more time to buy them for Christmas presents!
Please note, you cannot enter by Facebook this year – email only. By all means share your entries on Facebook but please be sure to email me your pictures if you wish to be entered into the competition.
Photos must be taken this year (this is about getting out there, not rummaging through your archives!).
Please take your photos responsibly and if your photo includes a person – please make sure you have their permission and they are aware that it could be a part of our caledar.
Enjoy, good luck, and get snapping!